Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hockey Rants for June 2,1009

Game two of the Stanley Cup finals was a disaster! I could not even watch after the "interference call". Therefore, I did not see the Malkin-Zetterberg fight at the end.




Isn't strange how "when the shoe is on the other foot" so to speak, people can get all uptight and defensive? This morning I read a blog of a Wings fan and he was complaining how Malkin was not suspended for multiple games and how "star" players are treated differently from the other players.Does he not realize there are "stars" on the Wings team as well? In fact, all the NBC commentators can talk about is how great and wonderful Osbad is.(I'm betting on you Big Joe. You too Shea ! Way to go Talbot! You certainly know which blowhard , er GANG member, er Redwing to go after, don't you? Do you read my blog?)Does he not realize the Crime City stars have pulled crap all season? Maybe that is why they are where they are. Although I will give Babs credit for good coaching.
Someone mentioned to me that Sid the Kid doesn't smile enough. Probably not. I'm sure it would be pretty hard to smile when you're competing not only against the Wings but the entire NHL officiating staff as well. You certainly don't have to guess who they are for! Oh well, maybe they feel sorry for them, the Redwings , I mean, since they are located in the most crime ridden city in the U.S. No matter the results of the series I would rather be in Honkey Town and be a Predneck than Hockeytown and be a Redwing any day.

GO GET 'EM GENO!
GO PENS!

No comments: