Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hockey Rants for June 14, 2009

CONGRATULATION PENS! You have made me a very very happy person! Congratulations Geno! You deserved to win the Conn Smythe award! Congratulations to the entire Pens team and staff! Especially Max Talbot!I knew in my heart you could do it! I had a gut feeling everything would go well for you guys. I was thinking back to the Eastern finals in the Reds Arena and I knew you could win if you had the desire to do so , and I believed you wanted the Cup as badly as I wanted you to win it.
I though it would be so great so see the expression on Marian Hossa's face as he shook hands with his former teammates and realized too late he had chosen the wrong team! Well, actually I felt a little sorry for him. Although, he said he had no regrets, that is a little difficult to believe. Who is going to admit to a mistake involving the contract he turned down to try to win the Cup , only to possibly lose everthing in the end. Good luck to you, Marianne Hoser!
As for Chris Osgood, he is a cocky sort of guy who is easy to dislike. I 've seen comments made that he is washed up and needs to retire. Maybe that is true. He has had his ups and downs this season but he did help lead the Wings to the finals. He's also very sympathetic to losing goalies and is always complimentary to other teams and players. So good luck to you Osbad!
Mike Babcock is an extremely talented and successful coach and I'm sure his future in Detroit is very secure. Good luck to you anyway,Babs!
As for the Wings' fans I only appologize to a handful. Why!? There are only a handful of nice Wings' fans.Most are bad sports and crybabies. I am sure it was hard to lose the Cup but hey, the Pens deserved it. So why be so rude?I'm sure the Wings will bounce back just as strong for the new season.
Actually, I am very anxious to get back to watching our Predators again! I certainly hope everyone will return to the team! And- after wating NBC and Versus (especially NBC) I realize how very much I miss Pete and Terry!

GO PREDS!

No comments: