Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hockey Rants for May 28,2009

Well, I guess the fat lady really bellowed one out last night. At the beginning of the game I had hopes that the HAWKS might pull one out of the bag.No such luck. Now I'll have to see what the Kid and the Mighty Malkin can do. I know they have it in them and I'll certainly be betting on them.
Oh by the way, did anyone notice how the Hawks were looking at Osbad when he was shaking hands with them after the game.Maybe it was my imagination, but I thought they were looking like "outta my face Freak!" I know that is what I would have been thinking.
Also, I have to say that I'm not the only person who calls number 81 Marianne. Don't believe me? Listen to Keith Jones on Hockey Central on Versus. Maybe it is just the way Canadians pronounce Marian but he definitely calls him Marianne.
One last thing. This is for you, Trotsky. I noticed that both Babs and Joel Quenneville did some serious coaching during this series. Maybe if you would get into the same coaching mode as they were in, The Preds would have been there instead of one of them.
Well, got to grab my bag and get to Goodwill. It contains a red dress, a red T-shirt, and my cute little red tennies with the shiny things on them. I'm never wearing red again!

GO PENS! GO KID! GO MIGHTY ONE!







See you Saturday

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aha! Cheering for the same team. Hurray!

I fear that the Penguins may still not be experienced and together enough to beat the more-experienced Wings, but you never know. I think they'll make much more of a series of it this year, and just maybe...!

I do wish Sid would learn to smile a little, though. He's vastly too earnest for his own good.

Phyl from Bookishgal and Confessions of a Cultural Idiot

Dirtsister said...

Hi Phyl,
I'm a little concerned for the Pens also. I realize they don't have the maturity or experience that the Wings have. It is a lot of fun to rant about Detroit, though. Most people here in Nashville really dislike the Wings more than any other team the Preds play. Actually being a southern girl, I was rooting for the Canes over the Pens in the Eastern finals, since they are a Southeastern U.S. team. Didn't hold much hope for them. Because of this, I understand local loyalty and your rooting for the Canucks.